Effective Date: June 28th 2020
EVENTMEED (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1.1 “Personal Data”: “Personal Data”: means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- Information we may collect from you
2.1 We may collect and process the following data about you:
- 2.1.1 Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.eventmeed.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, purchasing products or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- 2.1.2 If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- 2.1.3 We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- 2.1.4 Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- 2.1.5 Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
2.2 We may collect and process basic information about you that you provide us such as your name, email address and other contact details as well as details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- 2.2.1 Event Content and Submission data
- First and last name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 2.2.2 All event information you upload to Eventmeed(which can include Personal Data if you choose to include Personal Data in such content), such as information about your events, attendees, customers, vendors, contacts, fees and venues
2.3 Children: We do not store the Personal Data of children?
- 2.3.1 As noted in the Terms of Service accessible at https://eventmeed.com/terms-and-conditions/ , we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2.3 Payments: In order to collect payments on your behalf from event attendees and customers, and provide payments to you and your vendors, we, use CAMPAY. as a third-party payment processor, collect payment information from you and customers.
CAMPAY is available at
2.4 Confidentiality: We will keep confidential any confidential information you provide to us and will not disclose it to anyone other than our employees, officers, agents, consultants or sub-contractors unless we are required to do so by law or regulatory authority.
- IP Address & Cookies
3.1 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to our site.
3.3 Essential Cookies: Essential Cookies that are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Site or Services. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
3.4 Functionality Cookies: Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Services, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Services. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Google Analytics
- Infrastructure Sub-Processors
5.1 Eventmeed works with the third parties (“Sub-Processors”) set forth below to provide specific functionality within Eventmeed.
- Information Security
6.1 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
6.2Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
- What we do with the information
7.1 We use information held about you in the following ways: to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Examples of how We use Your Personal Data.
- To provide You with Site and Service
- To enhance and improve the Site and Service
- To respond to Your requests or to manage user accounts
- To provide feedback and understand Our users
- To monitor the security of the Site or Service
- To provide You with promotional communications and materials
- To fix technical issues and improve user experience
- Information from third party sources and affiliated companies.
We may also obtain information about You through third party sources as permitted by applicable law, such as public databases, social media platforms, and reseller, channel, and joint marketing partners.
- How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
9.1 We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services. For example, we use Personal Data to:
- Create and manage user profiles
- Communicate with you about the Services
- Protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions
- Allow you to create or attend events, and tell others about those actions
- Contact you about Service announcements, updates or offers
- Personalize website content and communications based on your preferences
- Provide support and assistance for the Services
- To identify trends and other statistical information that may be useful to our business
- Comply with our legal or contractual obligations
- Resolve disputes
- Enforce our Terms of Service
9.2 We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below.
9.3 Contractual Necessity: We process the following categories of Personal Data as a matter of “contractual necessity”, meaning that we need to process the data to perform under our Terms of Service with you, which enables us to provide you with the Services. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Services that require such data.
- First and last name.
- Email address.
- Mailing address.
- Telephone number.
- User content, for example, all event information you upload to Eventmeed(which can include Personal Data if you include Personal Data in such content).
- IP address.
10.4 Legitimate Interest: We process the following categories of Personal Data when we believe it furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties.
- First and last name.
- Email address.
- Mailing Address.
- Telephone number.
- User content, for example, all event information you upload to Eventmeed (which can include Personal Data if you include Personal Data in such content).
- IP address.
10.5 Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Protection from fraud or security threats.
- Operation and improvement of our business, products and services.
- Marketing of our products and services, directly to you and to others
- Provision of customer support
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Completion of corporate transactions
10.6 Consent: In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
10.7 Other Processing Grounds: From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
- Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
9.1 In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
9.2 If Eventmeed substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
9.3 If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect Our rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Your Rights
10.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. We will not pass on your data to third parties. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
- 2 Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Sharing Your Information
- Payment processors
- Fraud prevention service providers
- Analytics service providers
- Hosting service providers
- Marketing service providers
- Staff augmentation and contract personnel
- Co-location service providers
- Telecommunications service providers
11.1 Service Providers
We may share Your Personal Information with third parties, such as vendors and service providers who provide assistance with billing, payment processing, marketing, data analytics support and service associated with the Site or Service.
11.2 Business Partners / Publisher Partners
We may share Your Personal Data with Our channel partners to full fill obligations and requests, to deliver support, and to provide users and Our customer’s users with information about Eventmeed. Eventmeed does not control how a business partner may use Your Personal Data. Our business partners are responsible for managing the use of Personal Data collected in these circumstances.
11.3 Compliance with laws and for other legitimate business purposes
We may share Your Personal Data when We believe disclosure is necessary or required by law, regulation, to protect users, the integrity of the Site or Service and to defend or exercise Our legal rights. We may also disclose Your Personal Data when it may be necessary for other legitimate purposes as reasonably determined by Eventmeed.
- How long We retain Your information
13.1 We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you Services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
- External Links
- Data Protection Office
15.1 Eventmeed has appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure continued commitment to privacy and security practices. For further information please contact Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access of Information
16.1 The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of 10,000 FCFA to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.